|Peter with trusty 1980's Miyata|
- What is your age, roughly speaking? 50
- What is your occupation or area of study? Energy programs and energy policy at WA Dept. of Commerce State Energy Office.
- What is your most frequent destination on your bike? Commute to work.
- How did you hear about the Bicycle Commuter Contest? Email, CTR promotion (Commute Trip Reduction), and IT coach advertising panels.
- How many times have you participated in the Bicycle Commuter Contest? 3-6 times.
- What got you started riding your bike to get around (practical cycling)? Elementary school commuting and transportation, rekindled for college commuting, which grew to work commuting and triathlon training, recreation and errands, and now predominately work commuting.
- How many years have you been getting around by bike? 12-15 years
- Describe your current average or usual trip (distance, terrain, urban/rural, etc.) 5 mile trip from home to work along the Chehalis-Western trail to the Woodland trail to Eastside St. to Union Ave. to work place. The trail route is flatter since it runs along a former railroad bed, but longer than taking a more direct surface street route. Since I ride a single speed bike it is difficult to tackle going up the hill on the way home on surface streets.
- How have you adapted your habits to make practical cycling work for you? Commuting by bike saves time spent in the gym doing alternate cardio work. Consequently, I save time commuting by bike.