Meet neighbors, enjoy a Saturday bike ride to town, and get a head start on your Bicycle Commuter Challenge miles while you're at it! The miles you ride this day count as your first commute trip on your mileage log. The Earth Day Market Ride is a great opportunity to gain confidence riding with traffic and meet other riders in your neighborhood.
After snack, a greeting, and group photo at the Heritage Park fountain, you'll ride to the Olympia Farmers Market, where you can register for the Bicycle Commuter Contest, catch some great live music, and enjoy the food and shopping at the Market!
Here's how it works.
- Meet your ride leader at the time shown below on Saturday, April 22.
- Ride to Heritage Park in Olympia, arriving by 11 a.m. for goodies (courtesy of Batdorf and Bronson and San Francisco Street Bakery), a group photo and PRIZES! We'll have Farmers Market "Wooden Nickel" for each rider. Enter your name at the fountain to win more prizes, and decorate your bike to earn an extra wooden nickel! Just make sure decorations don't interfere with the safe operation of your bike.
- The whole group rides together to the Olympia Farmers Market where you can register for the BCC, join Earth Day celebrations, and enjoy the market.
- Wear your helmet - it's required.
- Count the miles you ride at this event toward your BCC total!