Join fellow bicyclists in a fun day of riding on National Bike to Work Day, Friday, May 18. The event promotes bicycling as a healthy transportation option. Visit one of the "Bike Stations" in five locations around Olympia. Bicycle Commuter Contest participants: wear your BCC t-shirt or show your participant sticker or mileage log, and get a free gift when you stop by! We'll have a very limited number of our 25th anniversary logo bike bells to give away at all five "Bike Stations", plus reflective leg/arm bands and some other cool stuff. Each station will have coffee and treats and representatives from a local bike shop on hand with a few basic tools. There will also be copies of the NEW Thurston County Bike Map, and the Urban Cycling Guide from the City Of Olympia. Bike stations sponsored by the City of Olympia, Intercity Transit, and the local businesses listed below. See you there!
Visit a Bike Station at one of the following locations from 7 to 9:30 a.m., Friday, May 18:
- Heritage Park on 5th Avenue downtown: sponsored by Old Town Bikes and Oly Coffee Roasters
- Olympia Woodland Trailhead at Eastside Street: sponsored by the Bike Stand and Batdorf & Bronson
- Ralph’s Thriftway Station: sponsored by Ralph’s Thriftway, Bike Tech, and Batdorf & Bronson
- Westside Station: at Harrison and Division: sponsored by REI and Oly Coffee Roasters
- Lacey Station: at the I-5 Bicycle Trail and Chehalis Western Trail intersection: sponsored by JoyRide Bikes and Group Health (this station located at the South bridge approach to the Chehalis-Western Trail bridge over I-5)
Remember: Please be courteous to other trail and road users, and abide by all rules of the road, just as if you were driving a car. Bike safe and bike happy!